Behave Like Type B Personality In Order To Avoid High Blood Pressure!
Type B personalities are at the other extreme. The laid-back Type B doesn’t tend to get high blood pressure, because he’s relaxed, content with himself and works hard but takes plenty of time to “smell the roses.”
Type B personalities are easy to characterize by contrast. The Type B personality knows his own virtues and makes do with what he’s got. His personality is best characterized by the cartoon character Popeye, who said, “I am what I am and that’s all that I am, I’m Popeye the sailor man.”
Let me summarize Type B behavior for you.
- Free of Type A traits, especially the overpowering sense of urgency
- Not impatient
- No anxiety, no free-floating hostility, an ability to relax without guilt, work without agitation
- Able to play and work without competing with everyone
- The Type B personality is not to be confused with underachievement. Type B’s can be just as accomplished in life; there’s simply a difference in how they do things. They are comfortable with themselves and can accomplish without competition.
- They lack the sense of time urgency that characterizes the compulsive Type A.
It’s important to recognize that very few personalities are completely Type A or Type B. Further, we all have aspects of each within us. But from these a general picture emerges that, for simplicity, we classify as either A or B.