Advantages and Disadvantages of Universal Health Care
Universal Health Care is an excellent program of health insurance by the United States Government under which everyone is provided healthcare coverage irrespective of their race, income, age, gender, previous health conditions or property. Thus, you are entitled to universal health care as long as you are a citizen of the concerned region. So, without worrying about your financial difficulties, you can take the benefit of healthcare provisions under Universal Health Care. This is indeed helpful to people with economical problems because health insurance policies by private health insurance providers are quite expensive, whereas Universal Health Care coverage is extremely affordable.
Universal Health Care is thus seemingly very beneficial to all US residents. However it has some disadvantages too, along with having numerous advantages. Here are some good and bad points of Universal Health Care.
Advantages of Universal Health Care
- First and foremost advantage of Universal Health Care is an easy access for a common man to healthcare services. This would obviously bring about reduction in illnesses among general population and thereby increased productivity.
- Reduction in poverty and bankruptcy because of medical costs
- Promotion of fairness and equality among all people since everyone will have equal access to healthcare
- Small businesses would be able to provide healthcare coverage to their employees, which previously they couldn’t because of the high costs of health insurance by private providers. Because of their inability to provide health insurance, these small businesses were not able to attract high quality employees. Another point is, because of not having enough employees, these small businesses couldn’t be eligible to discounted rates. Universal Health Care will not just offer cheaper insurance premiums for these small businesses, but provide them tax credits too which they can utilize to cover health insurance of their employees. All this will help small businesses to attract quality employees and save money too. This will in turn increase productivity and profits, and promote growth.
- Universal Health Care will also ensure profits for hospitals, which they previously didn’t get because of having to treat everyone even though s/he cannot pay for the treatment.
- Doctors can now concentrate on treating patients rather than being busy with insurance procedures, related paperwork and liability of malpractice.
Disadvantages of Universal Health Care
- This type of healthcare structure often results in prolonged hold up periods for patients and not everyone might get the type of healthcare s/he requires. As this system is under the control of administration, a lot of formality could be involved in it, which could result in poor healthcare, especially if the country is poor at present and doesn’t have significant source of income to use on the healthcare of its citizens.
- There can be a misuse of this type of healthcare system and people would seek care for disorders which in fact don’t need them to visit a clinic; thus, the system could be unnecessarily burdened and troubled.
Visit Formosa Post to know everything about universal health care. Here you would read about the pros and cons of universal health care and also about other types of healthcare insurance in detail. This is an extremely useful website if you want to know more about different types of healthcare coverage.