Dental Health Tips You may Hardly Know
We always think of our major small and big body organs which help us in our life, like legs, hands, brain, heart, eyes, ears, and even tongue (because it makes us enjoy various flavors). But we hardly think about and thank our teeth! At least, I hadn’t, for so many years! But one day, I suddenly realized that I should thank my teeth too! Just imagine, without teeth what we would have done; heck, how would we have lived – without masticating, breaking all the food we eat? Teeth are as much essential as our heart and brain; it’s just that we don’t think so! But, not anymore! I have decided on my part, that I will care for my teeth and do whatever I can to keep them in shape. So, I have found out tips that we rarely know (I think so). I am sharing them with you; hope they will help you.
- We know that cleaning teeth after eating is good for dental health. But do you know that brushing teeth immediately after eating or drinking can harm them? Yes, every time when we eat, our enamel is weakened and brushing immediately after that breaks it in small particles which are brushed away. Don’t brush teeth immediately after eating or drinking. Keep a gap of at least an hour between eating and brushing.
- Sometimes we have a bad breath, but we don’t know about it. Before others keep staying away from you, check it and if you have it, treat it. A simple test is to lick the inner side of your wrist, let the saliva dry and then sniff. If it smells bad, then it’s confirmed that you have a bad breath. Get it treated at once!
- When you go to your dentist (and you only go there when your teeth ache) don’t tell her/him only about your teeth, but also about your overall health problems. That will help her/him to save you from gum disease.
- Brush your teeth once before starting your day and once before calling it a day.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue too with a tongue scraper.
- Drinking a glass of water after eating any sugary food is the best practice.
- If you have a sweet tooth, prefer sugar-free sweets, e.g. those containing Xylitol. They will minimize the chances of tooth decay.
- Quitting smoking is the best solution to eliminate the chances of a number of oral problems, including tooth decay, gum disease, yellow teeth and oral cancer.
If I find more of them, I will definitely share with you. Till then, keep visiting your dentist and taking her/his advice about maintaining your oral health.
At DentistReviewsRanchoBernardo.com you will get a list of all good dentists in Rancho Bernardo so that you can easily find the right dentist for you.